Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chicken Biscuits

I received this recipe from a lady I used to babysit for...almost 30 years ago.  She set out the ingredients and asked me to make these for her kids one night for dinner.  I went home that night with my $1 an hour pay and a yummy recipe that I have made many, many times.  This is so easy and so delicious! 
I like to serve these Chicken Biscuits with Stove Top Stuffing, a green vegetable and a salad. I use a few tablespoons of the dry stuffing mix for my crushed croutons to sprinkle on top.




1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

2 (5 oz) cans chicken
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 TBS butter, melted
2 TBS milk
salt & pepper to taste

crushed dry bread crumbs or crushed seasoned croutons
2 TBS butter, melted

Mix together the chicken, cream cheese, 2 TBS melted butter, milk, salt and pepper.

Seal the crescent rolls to form 4 rectangles.  Top each rectangle with a fourth of the chicken mixture.  Fold up the corners to meet in the center.  Pinch edges to seal.

Brush the top of each chicken bundle with 2 TBS melted butter and sprinkle with crushed bread crumbs.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.

Serves 4

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment