Saturday, April 13, 2013

Chili's Salsa

I like Chili's Salsa so when I saw this recipe I really wanted to make it.  However, I don't think it tastes like Chili's Salsa at all...I think it is much better! 











1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies (mild), drained
1 (14 1/2 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, not drained
4 tsp jalapenos (canned, diced, not pickled) I omitted because I wanted a medium salsa
1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
1/2 - 3/4 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp sugar
3 TBS fresh cilantro (my addition)
1 clove garlic, minced (my addition)
1 TBS lime juice (my addition)

In a food processor, place the jalapenos and onions.
Process for just a few seconds.
Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, cumin, sugar, cilantro, garlic and lime juice.
Process all the ingredients until well blended but do not puree.  (you want it a little chunky)
Place in a covered container and chill.
A couple of hours of chilling will help blend and enrich the flavor.
Serve with your favorite thin corn tortilla chips.

Source:  www.copycat.com

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment