Thursday, March 13, 2025

Pizzelles

My friend from work would always bring these delicious pizzelles to work for Christmas.  I love Pizzelles so much that I knew I had to buy a pizzelle maker so I could make my own.  I usually make several recipes, one recipe with the anise extract and another recipe using vanilla extract. I included a separate recipe below for Chocolate Pizzelles, too. These are so good!


3 eggs
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c melted butter
1 TBS anise extract or vanilla extract
1 3/4 c flour
2 tsp baking powder

Beat eggs until light in color.  Add sugar, cooled melted butter and extract.  Sift flour and baking powder together.  Mix into egg mixture.

Heat up pizzelle iron for approximately 5 minutes.  Lightly brush butter on the hot pizzelle iron.  Add about 1 tsp of dough toward the iron hinge off center.  Cook for about 10-20 seconds.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar.  Place in an airtight container.

Make sure to keep the anise pizzelles separate from the other flavors so the flavor of anise does not transfer to the other pizzelles.



Chocolate Pizzelles

3 eggs
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
Butter for seasoning pizzelle iron

Follow above instructions.

Makes ~26 pizzelles

Source:  Gina J.

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment