Saturday, August 27, 2011

No-Bake Cookies


I believe this was the first recipe I ever made by myself when I was about 12 years old...and I'm still making them today.  As a kid, my brother enjoyed these so much I remember him paying me to make them for him.  These cookies are so easy they can be made in about 20 minutes from start to finish...including cleanup!  Enjoy! 










1 stick butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 TBS cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal

Mix together the butter, sugar, milk and cocoa in a saucepan.  Over medium heat, bring to a boil and boil for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  Add the peanut butter and vanilla.  Stir well to combine.  Add the oatmeal. Stir.

Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.  Chill.

Store in refrigerator in an airtight container with wax paper between the layers.

Also good with 1 cup coconut and/or nuts.

Makes about 30 cookies

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment