Monday, October 1, 2012

Creamy Chicken And Potato Casserole

I saw this recipe in our local newspaper and went to the store to buy the ingredients that day. I think a lot of people had the same idea because I bought the last bag of potatoes.  I am sure you could use any variation of vegetables that you wish.  It was very delicious and will definitely be making this again soon.

Bagged hash brown potatoes (not the frozen type) can be found in the refrigerator section of your grocer, often near the eggs or yogurt.











1/2 cup mayonnaise
10 3/4 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
20 oz package hash brown potatoes (refrigerated potatoes, not frozen)
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 cup green beans, cut into pieces (I used 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup grated carrots (I used 1 cup)
Meat from a 2 pound rotisserie chicken, cubed, skin & bones discarded (about 1 1/2" cubes)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used 3/4 cup inside the casserole and 1 1/4 cup on top)
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (I used 1 cup)

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

In a 9x13 baking dish, stir together the mayonnaise, soup, milk, pepper, salt, thyme and garlic powder.  Stir in the potatoes, zucchini, green beans, carrots and chicken (and 3/4 cup cheddar if you wish).  Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and the breadcrumbs.

Bake for 40 minutes, or until bubbling and the vegetables are tender.

Serves 8

Source: Racine Journal Times

Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment