Saturday, February 17, 2024

Spicy Thai Chicken Pizza

I used to enjoy getting Thai Chicken pizza at a local restaurant.  When they took it off the menu, I decided I need to make my own. I actually like this homemade version better.  You can control the spice in this recipe by adding more or less of the sriracha sauce.  I have used both a homemade pizza crust and a pre-made crust for this recipe, both were delicious.











Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. hoisin sauce
1 TBS honey
2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2 TBS sesame oil
1/2 to 1 tsp Sriracha sauce (or more!)
3 TBS water

Pizza Topping
2 cooked chicken breasts, cut in pieces (I used rotisserie chicken)
2 pizza crusts
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. shredded carrots
2-3 green onions, sliced diagonally (optional)
2 TBS chopped roasted peanuts
2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro 

Place your pizza stone, if using, in the oven and preheat to 500 F.

For the peanut sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.  Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.

For each pizza, spread 1/4 c. of the peanut sauce evenly over the crust and top with 3/4 c. mozzarella cheese, half of the chicken, half of the carrots and green onions.  Top with the remaining 1/4 c. mozzarella cheese and half of the peanuts.

Transfer the pizza to the pizza stone and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is golden.

Sprinkle cilantro over the pizza and serve.

I had some sauce left over.  So, I froze the sauce and used it for another pizza.

Source:  My recipe is a modified version of the recipe found at spicysouthernkitchencom


Kimberly


1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the effort you put into making complex concepts accessible.

    ReplyDelete