Saturday, February 17, 2024

Cherry Chip Cookies

My Aunt Lela used to make these delicious cherry chip cookies.  I am so glad I asked her for this recipe when I was about 12 years old.  Every time I make these cookies it brings back wonderful memories of my Aunt Lela.











2 1/4 c. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. almond extract
3/4 c. cornflakes
1 c. cherry chips
1-2 TBS sugar, for top of cookies

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Sift together flour and salt.  In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.  Mix the egg yolk and almond extract into the butter mixture.  Add the flour and salt, mix to combine.  Add in the cornflakes and cherry chips.  Roll dough into 1 inch balls and lightly press the dough down with a fork.  Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sugar.

Bake at 375 F for 12 minutes.

Makes ~50 cookies

Source:  Lela Zehrt

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment