Saturday, August 29, 2026

Pumpkin Syrup

Oh, my...this pumpkin syrup is so delicious!  You can use this syrup to make a cold or hot pumpkin latte.  It would also be delicious drizzled over oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, yogurt or even ice cream. I like that this is not just a "pumpkin spice" syrup.  This syrup actually has pumpkin in it. I will double this recipe the next time I make it.  


1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt

1 TBS vanilla (add after above ingredients have simmered)

Combine above ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer; simmer for 5 minutes or until it reaches a syrup consistency.  Remove from heat and add in 1 tablespoon of vanilla.  Mix well to combine.  Cool the syrup and then store it in a mason jar in the refrigerator for approximately 2 weeks.

I used about 2 tablespoons of the syrup in my coffee drinks.  Use as much or as little syrup as you prefer.


Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment