Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Blueberry, Caramel and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Oh my...I just found my new favorite cookie!  I made half a batch of blueberry and half a batch of cherry.  Delicious!











2 sticks softened butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 TBS vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups oatmeal, I used quick oats
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups Caramel Bits, by Kraft (11 oz bag)
1 1/2 cups dried blueberries (or cherry or cranberry)
1 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.

Place flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, soda and salt into a large bowl; mix to combine.  Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.  Add the caramel bits, blueberries and white chocolate.  Mix until just combined.

Use a medium cookie scoop and scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.   Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are just turning golden brown.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.

* If using a muffin-top pan, spray pan and scoop 1/4 cup dough into each muffin-top pan cup.  Press to about 1/2 inch thick.  Bake 11-14 minutes.  Makes 24 large muffin top pan cookies.

Makes 4 dozen cookies

I ended up with 5 dozen cookies, however, I didn't think I made them too small.
I also had to bake mine for 12 minutes.

Source:  www.picky-palate.com

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment