Sunday, January 1, 2012

Peanut Butter Swirl Bars

I was looking for a quick and easy recipe to make for a New Years' Eve party.  I wanted to use ingredients I had on hand so I didn't have to run to the store.  I came across this delicious recipe.   Funny thing is, my sister was also looking for a recipe that she could make for the party without running to the store.  We both ended up bringing peanut butter and chocolate bars!  We sure do think alike.










3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
3 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

2 cups chocolate chips

Beat peanut butter, butter and sugars together until creamy.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.  Add to the creamed mixture.  Stir til blended.

Mix well and spread into a greased 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle with 2 cups chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.  Remove from the oven and run knife through to marbleize.
Return to the oven and bake another 20-25 minutes.

Source:  Titletown, USA Tailgaten Cookbook

Janice

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I love to find recipes where I have the ingredients on hand. I think I have an addiction! :-) Funny how sisters think alike, too!

    ReplyDelete